"I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement." ~Calvin Coolidge

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hook em' and Book em'!

Well, I hit the pavement running and haven't stopped! I started out riding with a young officer that has been with the department for 9 years. The one thing that I definitely need to get used to is getting up at 4am in the damn morning! I worked over 20 years from 3:30pm till 3:00am. I am so not used to the morning time but I have to say, it sure is great to be back out doing what I love.

I made my first drug arrest when I spotted a couple homies sitting in and around an abandoned car. I walked up and saw one of them slide something under the seat. You don't have to be out of police work for too long to remember that's a clue! I got him out of the car handcuffing him for my safety. As he is getting out of the car he tosses something back into the car. This would be clue #2. I snatched up the other guy just for him standing there looking stupid as if I was doing something illegal. When I start to handcuff him, he starts sweating profusely, this would be clue #3. I asked him if he had anything illegal on him, anything that would stick me or any bazookas? He of course said the proverbial “no”. When I start to pat him down for “Officer Safety” he starts squirming like he had ants in his pants. I'm feeling pretty good about myself now. Oh yea, hook em' and book em' baby! I pull out 7 small “Nickel” baggies of marijuana and about $300.00 dollars in the old 5's and 10's, shocking I know. So he was stuffed in the back with his partner in crime. A check of the car found more marijuana, scales and tons of baggies. He wasn't planning on selling of course, no, he's just a really organized pot head. I have to say I was pretty excited only because I was doing police work again and not sitting in a courtroom reading a book. They were released the next day on bond but I could careless cause they will be back another day.




The pace of the job is something that actually has been a welcomed relief from my days in the busiest zone in my old department. I would check on and the dispatcher would be holding 35 calls. Now, I might handle 35 calls in a week. The really great thing is that I work 2 days, off 2 days, work 2 days, off 3 days. I only work 2 weekends a month which still allows me to enjoy time with my sweet girl. We do work 12 hours but the time goes by pretty quick. I am learning their system fast I think. They have a very different computer reporting system that has been a bit troubling but I am getting used to it. They told me that I would probably have to go through the entire 14 week training program due to my 28 years of prior experience. I was told by the Chief that he was going to tell the Sheriff that they are wasting time training me and that they should just cut me loose because I do have so much experience. I am all for that but I'll tell you this, I am lost!!! I have never been in the area so it is unnerving trying to navigate. I am planning on buying the best GPS money can buy, so if any of my fellow bloggers can recommend a top notch system let me know!!!

Aza is just as beautiful as ever of course. She is taking great care of me making sure that my uniforms are clean everyday. I just can't brag enough about her, she's amazing! So I can't complain when it comes to my personal life, it rocks just like my girl...

We had a very sad case of a missing 7 year old little girl very close to here. This last Monday she was walking home ahead of her siblings and just disappeared. The thing that really disturbs me is 10 days prior a 5yr old child in the same small town, 2 blocks from where this little girl disappeared from was almost abducted by 3 people. The agency responsible for responding to that attempted abduction didn't warn the school or parents in the area so no one knew their children were at risk. The child was rescued by a passerby, a good Samaritan that got involved and stopped these sick bastards. I just feel that this should have been broadcast in the media letting everybody know that somebody was out there trying to snatch kids up.

At 4:15pm yesterday the Sheriff of that county held a news conference and broke the news that her body had been found in a Georgia landfill. Please tell me how somebody could murder child, throw her in a trash dumpster and go on about their day? What a sick society we live in guys!!! It's been said that the 3 suspected in the attempted abduction are not responsible for this recent abduction and murder. I just can't help but think if the citizens knew what had happened, this little girl might be alive today. This is not the 70's folks, there are sick, perverted people roaming the streets. Please take the time to take your children to school. Make a plan with your neighbors to be at the bus stops when they get off so these innocent children don't have to fight for their life. If your not doing this now, you need to start. Just imagine if it were your son or daughter missing. Please love and take care of your children, be a responsible parent and do the right thing. God Bless all of you and your children.

I'm Out And We'll Talk Later!!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the bust.
Sadly it takes a real sick SOB to hurt a child or kill one.if they catch the punks they need to be put down like a rabid animal.

Dave said...

Glad you are back working and blogging

Officer "Smith" said...

We have to watch our kids like hawks. It can happen anywhere and any time.

Mrs. "Smith" said...

I've been accused of being a "helicopter parent" and hovering. I call it knowing what's going on.

Old NFO said...

Kojak, nice to 'see' you back on the street! Way to go on the bust too! Stay safe out there. For a good GPS, I'd recommend a Garmin Nuvi. I use them and they work well. Also once a year I buy the update disk ($69) with all the updated maps.

Anonymous said...

Couple things to remember:

1. Terry frisks are for weapons, not drugs; and

2. Gant overruled Bolton. You don't get to search the car after the suspects are cuffed any more (surprised your partner didn't clue you in on this new development).

Firearms Guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Firearms Guy said...

I am emailing you because I enjoyed your blog and would like to feature your site by adding a permanent link to your blog on my three blogs, “Kindergarten Cop, Officer Friendly and Watch Dawg Tally” and request that you do the same. Email me at brockcop@yahoo.com for further.

GoGo said...

"I'm Out And We'll Talk Later!!!"

Its been 9 months!

Charles said...

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that Glock N Cuffs was named to the Top 50 Criminal Justice Blogs here:



There is a badge on this page that you are welcome to display on your site.

Best wishes and thank you for your service.

Charles said...

Sorry here is the link:

http://www.criminaljusticedegreeschools.com/criminal-justice-resources/top-50-criminal-justice-blogs/

yuki said...

Hello. I watch your blog from Japan. I am interesting.

vladyslav said...

awesome!
glad i found your blog

hapi said...

Hi Kojak, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

bachelors in criminal justice Philadelphia, PA said...

I really appreciate your braveness. I always have special respect towards cops because they are the people who protect the nation.
Good job. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Tory Burch Flip Flops time saw the kitty stretches oneself the movement thinks soft incomparable, the sex appeal is also slender, no wonder links the model to study walks catwalk, for can practice the enchanting slender US leg in the summer, how does this study makes the kitty general soft thigh line. Does not have the means to turn the toe the scissors shape to separate, so long as the full point has can promote the foot nimble pliable but hard to break movement strength, then lets the toe scissors such separate is likely very easy Tory Burch Flats.
When the toe turns the scissors shape, whether between the toe can achieve separates is a most essential spot truly. So long as puts on the high-heeled shoes, the foot will present ache this to explain that the full point's strength will be weak Tory Burch Sandals, does not have the means support to stand for a long time. Certainly also has the possibility is and the foot size compares, the shoes point is too narrow lxin39xe. The shoe wears the spot concentrates in one side, if body's center of gravity through full bottom muscle's center, then shoe sole's attrition will not stress in one side Tory Burch Boots.

FREE SPY PHONE said...

GREAT BLOG!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post, the images can make guns more attractive then they are actually but you must remember one thing that they mustn't be used for killing others. You people must go for the firearms licensing to maintain proper law and order in the state before having these killer machines as they are supposed to be used for safety not for killing.
Regards:
MA Gun License

James Jones said...

Spot on with this article, I really think this website needs more attention. I'll probably be back to read more, thanks for the info.
Taran Tactical