"I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement." ~Calvin Coolidge

Monday, July 21, 2008

It’s an adjustment for sure!

Well as you all know all good things come to an end. Such is the same regarding vacations and retirement! That's right I am back to work and boy is it boring! Most of the courthouse has one speed, ssssllllllooooowwwww!

I started mid last week. I had to get up at 6am; damn, I haven't been up at 6am on purpose in so many years I can't remember. After 16 years of nightshift when the alarm went off I was ready to kill people, fight God and anything else in my way. I got up wanting to go back to bed so bad I couldn’t stand it but of course I knew I couldn't. After getting my animals fed I walked outside to get on the only means of transportation I have, my motorcycle to head to work. I rolled up at 7am, parked my beast and walked into the courthouse. I walked into the office and was met by 3 Sergeants. They all congratulated me on my retirement as well as welcomed me to my new job. I was told that I would be in courtroom #8 but not to hurry up there because that particular Judge would arrive whenever he felt like it. I received my briefing and headed up. I walked in to see 1 lonely bailiff. After confirming he did indeed have a pulse and was breathing, introductions were exchanged and I told him that I would be assigned to his area. He laughed telling me not to be in too big of a hurry. I asked him why and he said because this Judge is second in tenure so he does whatever he wants. I was told to sit back and relax. At this point I was internally bouncing off the walls so I took a seat, read the paper, magazines and whatever I could get my hands on. After 4 hours of doing absolutely nothing I was ready to head to the roof and throw myself off the building. I decided against that just in time, in walked the Judge!

This courtroom is for habitual offenders so we had 12 all together on the calendar. After 2 hours he was done. I did absolutely nothing but walk back and forth getting prisoners out of the holding cell. The Judge just sat around and told old stories of his college days, getting drunk, chasing women and a few other war stories. Then he simply got up, excused himself and left. Wow what a gig, but damn it was so boring.....

I felt so useless just sitting there doing nothing. I swore to myself that I was not going to work there because of that. I'll be damned, because of this nasty ass soon to be ex wife of mine, here I am. I will give it a shot it's really not that bad I am just not use to all that down time. I told Aza the best part of my day is texting her and riding my motorcycle back and forth to work!

I really hope I can muster up some funny stuff here shortly I know ya'll are probably bored to death with all of this crap but it's just what’s going on right now. I promise I will be posting some better stuff very soon!

I'm Out And We'll Talk Later!

9 comments:

Mrs. "Smith" said...

You are still alive!!!! I was starting to get a little worried, it was like you fell out of blogland.
Glad you're alright, even if you are bored. ;)

TheBronze said...

Theo, look at the bright side: you can get caught up on your reading!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have found some thing to do.Despite the fact you are bored out of your mind most of the time.Maybe you can get a different job.Take care and God Bless.Rick

Evil Transport Lady said...

Get one of those video game thingies that plays movies;) J/K maybe you'll be in a courtroom with a mass murderer next time;)

Stay safe!

Lisa said...

Well, very glad to see you are still alive, was afraid you died of boredom already in the retirement world.

Hey, I still hope things work out that the ex wife does not get everything. I hope you find a great lawyer that will stand up and fight for you. Take care, enjoy the peace and quiet, and read a good book!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey buddy...its -s-. sorry i haven't talked to you in like a week but i am trying to adjust to the crazy morning schedule too. i am in fto class this week so i am up at 545...way too early for me. i will call you later in the week, maybe we can all play saturday or sunday! love you

Anonymous said...

I've been hoping you've been enjoying your retirement!

Anonymous said...

It's a paycheck. That's about all one can say.

Ten 80 said...

I'd rather be up at 0600 than get up at 0600. I work permanent nights on purpose so I know how you feel.

Good luck with the new gig and getting used to getting up so early!